Equity in Attitude:
- I will be fair, just and impartial in my decisions and actions.
- I will accord others the respect I wish for myself.
- I will encourage the expression of different opinions and will receive them with an open mind.
- I will treat all students, staff, Board members and citizens equally, fairly and without prejudice.
Trustworthiness in Stewardship:
- I will be accountable to the public by accurately representing District policies, programs, priorities and progress.
- I will be responsive to my community by seeking its involvement in District affairs and by communicating its priorities and concerns.
- I will endeavor to ensure prudent and accountable use of District resources.
- I will make no personal promise or take any private action that may compromise my performance of my responsibilities.
Honor in Conduct:
- I will be truthful in my words and actions.
- I will share my views while working toward consensus.
- I will respect the majority decision as the decision of the Board.
- I will base my decisions on facts, not supposition, opinion, or public favor.
Integrity of Character:
- I will refuse to surrender judgement to any individual or group at the expense of the District, its staff and students.
- I will consistently uphold applicable statutes, laws, administrative code, policies and governance procedures.
- I will keep confidential or privileged information private.
Commitment to Service:
- I will focus my attention on fulfilling my responsibilities of goal setting, policymaking, evaluation and governance.
- I will diligently prepare for and attend meetings of the Board.
- I will seek to educate myself on issues affecting the Board and District as well as enhance my ability to serve effectively.
- I will be continuously guided by what is best for all students of the District.